Hi, I’m David. I work on digital, print and branding projects for creative people of purpose. My approach is broad and my aim is to make work that is as simple and pared-back as possible, putting your message first. My skillset is wide and I'm most useful when joining up as your creative partner throughout the life of a project. You can expect informed, straightforward and honest advice, creative direction at every step, and continuing guidance once the project is through the door. I have loads of talented collaborators with great skillsets that I can bolt-on if a project requires. You can talk to me about:
- Designing and building websites
- Print design
- Lettering and illustration
- Anything to do with country music
Fast and Steady is the home for all my custom lettering. I write an occasional email newsletter called Old Gold focused on design and music with a little oddball thrown in for good measure. I studied art at university in the USA, and printmaking here in Bristol. My current art practice can be found at davidabbott.co as well as over on Instagram at @smallworks. I love typography, poetry, cycling in the country and folksong and write about these things over on my blog Signal and Noise. Sometimes my obsessions manifest themselves as t-shirts, which you can purchase at Cottonbureau.
- Big Waves, Small Impactis an evolving report on the environmental impact of my business. It's a way to keep me on my toes. To do better all the time.
- I love to read what other designers use to get their work done. In that spirit I decided to give something back and write a post of my own on the subject: The Tools I Use.